Acupuncture uses needles to stimulate certain points on an animal to produce a healing response. Acupuncture has been used for thousands of years in China in both human and veterinary medicine. It is safe and practically painless. Mancos Valley Veterinary Hospital is pleased to offer this safe and unique drug-free alternative to pets in the Mancos and the surrounding areas of Colorado.
Dr. Rose Bernholtz has practiced veterinary acupuncture for 17 years. Acupuncture can help treat a variety of conditions including, but not limited to:
- Pain management for conditions such as arthritis
- Intestinal issues and diarrhea
- Skin problems triggered by an allergic response
- Certain neurologic issues and seizures
- Respiratory diseases, including asthma
- Organ dysfunction such as chronic renal failure
Dr. Rose Bernholtz often includes acupuncture in combination with western medications and techniques. If your pet has conditions listed above, or if you want to know if acupuncture can benefit your pet, please call one of our caring staff members to schedule an appointment today!